Frequently Asked Questions
How are prices quoted?
- All prices are quoted in US dollars. If you are an international customer, prices will be converted to your local currency by your credit card provider. Catherine Lowe LLC is not responsible for any conversion fees you may incur.
What form of payment do you accept?
- Online purchases may be made via credit card or Apple Pay.
Do you charge sales tax?
- Residents of New York State will be assessed local and state sales taxes on qualifying purchases according to their tax jurisdiction.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
- We do not offer a regular gift wrapping service. However, if your purchase is a gift, please let us know and we will work with you to create a very special package.
Are there special care instructions for your yarn?
- Yes. Proper care of your bespoke hand knits will ensure their long and happy life. Click here for care instructions. You will be able to download and print the page for future reference.
What do I do if there is a mistake in my order?
- Please contact us within 5 days of receiving your order and we will take care of it as quickly as possible. We regret that we are unable to check into orders beyond this time period.
Why does the color of my yarn differ from what I saw online?
- Every effort has been made to represent yarn colors as accurately as possible. However, due to differences in browsers and displays, we are unable to guarantee that colors are accurately rendered on individual devices.
I entered a quantity of 10 when I placed the order for my yarn, but I received only 2 balls. Am I missing yarn?
- Because all yarn orders are custom prepared, we are able to offer our yarns in quantities of 100 yards. However, we prepare the total yardage ordered in as few balls as possible. Depending upon the weight of the yarn ordered, the average ball contains 400-750 yards. If you ordered 1000 yards and received 2 balls, each ball contains 500 yards. The total yardage in each ball in indicated on the label attached to the ball.
How do I get my pattern?
- Patterns are delivered as digital downloads; they are not available in a printed format. At checkout, you will see a large "Download Now" button in your order confirmation, just below the name of the pattern you purchased. Click this button to download the pattern file. If your pattern purchase includes a copy of The Companion, your download will be delivered as a folder rather than as a single file. Click the folder to open it. You will now be able to open and print the individual files. You will also receive an email that contains a link to a download page. This email is separate from the order confirmation you will receive for your purchase. Click the link in the email to access the download page. From there, click the "Download Now" button to download your file(s).
How do I join to your email list? How often do you send emails?
- We do not send emails daily or weekly. We send them only when we have important information to share with you. To join our list, use the button at the bottom of any page of our website: enter your email address in the field marked "Email Address" and click the signup button next to it. Be assured that we never share any personal information you have provided us with anyone else.
How can I contact you if I have a question that isn't answered here?
- Please use the contact form found here to send us an email. There is also a link to this form at the bottom of each page of our site.
When can I expect an answer to my email?
- We make every effort to answer emails as quickly as possible, but sometimes, especially if we are traveling, there may be a delay. If the information you request is available on our site, we will send you a quick link to that page. We sometimes get requests for help with patterns or yarns that are not ours. Regretfully, we are not able to answer those questions, but we will do our best to help you find a way to get your answer.